Acoustic Research AR-M20 Digital Audio Player with Headphone Amplifier & DAC
Availability: In stock
- Only 1 left
- Portable music player with rich and detailed Hi-Res audio
- Comprehensive high-resolution lossless music format support
- Audiophile oriented flagship class DAC
- Powerful headphone amplifier drives power-hungry headphones
- Up to 16 hours of continuous audiophile-grade music playback
Acoustic Research AR-M20
An all-round colossus of a modern digital device, Acoustic Research has given their acclaimed portable player a refresh and presents the all-new AR-M20 digital audio player. With alluring slimmed down body design and stunning sound reproduction the M20 brings you mobile Hi-Res sound in an inspiringly portable music system.
Based on acclaimed design and build of the high-end AR-M2, the new AR-M20 offers only what really matters in portable audio, recreating sound in true to original sound from any file type or chosen streaming source. Nothing but pure performance and class-leading sound quality, which is what Acoustic Research has always been about.
Unlike typical CPU-centric music players, the audio system in M20 acts as the clock master and the CPU acts as the slave component to the audio system. Jitter error from CPU is minimized significantly. Utmost accuracy in audio is genuinely prioritised.
Next level personal audio.
In order to stabilise the system, the M20 is equipped with the proven Android OS 4.3 and a quad-core CPU for stability, Qualcom MSM8926, results in outstanding performance.
Audio processing is achieved with a Burr-Brown PCM5242 DAC, matched with the TI TPA6120A2 Headphone Amplifier. Optimised for in-ear monitors, the AR-M20 offers twice the headphone output as many of its rivals. This extra power delivers compatibility with even the most difficult to drive headphones.
The audio path was the music reproduction application “AR Music Player (Earu music player).” Utilizing the very best hardware performance, to achieve high-quality sound that was far beyond the framework of the Android OS.
- CPU: Qualcomm MSM8926
- Crystal clock sources for audio: Dual XO
- Compatible Format Supported: FLAC/ALAC/DSD64/DSD128/WAV/DXD/APE/AIFF
- USB Reader: Micro-USB (Data / Power / OTG*) *Support USB storage requiring less than 5V 100mA power
- DAC: Burr-Brown PCM5242
- Headphone Amplifier : TI TPA6120A2 / Class AB Configuration / Up to 2.1Vrms Output
- Volume Control: Digital (150-step, 0.5dB/step) Digital (150-step, 0.5dB/step)
- Wireless Network: 802.11B/G/N
- Memory: 32GB
- Maximum Memory Expansion: Micro SDXC card (Up to 200GB) USB-OTG
- Battery: 3150mAh, up to 16 hours
- Audio Output: Headphone out (3.5mm)
- Dimensions: Width: 7cm x Height: 13.6cm x Depth: 1.12cm
- Weight : about 179g
- Rich and detailed Hi-Fi sound from premium Burr-Brown Hi-Res DAC
- Variable native sample rate with dual crystal oscillators
- Real touch of Hi-Fi sound with linear power supply
- Plays Hi-Res audio files on internal memory, Micro SDXC card and Micro USB memory
- Built-in wi-fi support
- Works with third party music streaming/download Applications
- 32GB built-in memory plus flexible storage expansion through Micro SDXC
- Up to 16 hours of continuous audiophile-grade high resolution music playback
- Acoustic Research AR-M20 Digital Audio Player
- USB cable
- LCD protective film
- Carrying pouch
|Product Type||Portable Audio Player|
|Recommended Use||Hi-Fi, Portable audio system|
|Manufacturer Warranty||1 Year|
|Included Accessories||USB cable, LCD protective film, Carrying pouch|
Related Product Information and Reviews
Read the latest expert reviews of headphone and earphones
Questions on Acoustic Research AR-M20 Digital Audio Player with Headphone Amplifier & DAC
No questions asked yet