Astell & Kern AK320 Portable Lossless Digital Audio Player & DAC
Availability: In stock
- Only 1 left
- Portable high-fidelity audio with DSD-to-PCM playback and 24bit/192kHz support
- Playback of WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE (Normal, High, Fast), AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF
- Dual DACs and advanced jitter reduction
- Intuitive and responsive pressure-sensitive Metal Touch home button
- Expandable options with micro USB connection and balanced out ports
Astell & Kern AK320
Astell & Kern launches the AK320, the new high-resolution digital audio player with inherited design features and technical attributes from the flagship player AK380. Created from a single block of aluminium, with a machined volume knob and pressure-sensitive home button, the AK320 includes a Dual-DAC design, Bit to Bit playback, multiple file format support, including DSD.
AK320 is capable of bit-to-bit playback up to 24bit, 192kHz. 32bit audio is downsampled using a sample-rate converter (SRC). The AK320 supports USB DAC functionality and can be connected to a PC or Mac via USB for use as a USB DAC that supports PCM/DSD. When playing back music stored on a PC or Mac, the Dual-DAC is able to deliver richer audio of outstanding soundstage and resolution well beyond the limits of a built-in sound card.
Users will also be able to connect to music download sites and download directly to the player or stream music from their PC from the local network. The AK320 also offers great expandable options through its micro USB connection and balanced out ports on the bottom of the unit.
The evolution continues.
The new AK320 offers the most authentic sound from any digital music format with enhanced features that are sought-after by Pro-Audio. Every bit of the AK320 was designed for Pro-Audio in mind. The sound that Pro-Audio people have been looking for starts with the AK320.
True Original Sound
Astell&Kern implemented a voltage-controlled crystal oscillator (VCXO) high-precision clock with a reference jitter value of 200 femto seconds. Femto clocks are commonly used in high-end audio systems, and the clock is measured in high-precision femtosecond units (one quadrillionth of a second).
AK Connect App
Astell&Kern has further enhanced DLNA functionality via the AK Connect app. Wireless networking DLNA connects to a NAS or PC, and is easily controlled with a smartphone or tablet through AK Connect. Source files on a PC or NAS can be freely transferred and streamed without the hassle of turning on the computer and physically connecting with a cable.
Pressure-sensitive Metal Capacitive Touch
The AK320 features the same metal touch interface as the AK380. The pressure-sensitive Metal Touch home button responds to fine pressure changes so users operate the device with just a light touch on the metallic pad.
More Expandable Options
The AK320 can be expanded to a variety of devices through the micro-USB and balanced audio out ports located at the bottom of the product. It can be connected with the AMP as well as professional high-impedance headphones for high output and USB for data transfer and charging. It can also be connected to the Cradle for balanced audio functionality as well as the CD-RIPPER to conveniently rip audio CDs.
- 24bit/192kHz Bit to Bit playback
- Dual 32-bit AKM AK4490 DAC chips and advanced jitter reduction
- DSD-to-PCM playback
- Parametric 20-Band EQ / 0.1dB steps
- VCXO Reference Clock (200 Femto Seconds)
- Extendible Docking connector
- AK Connect App
- Metal-touch sensor Home button
- Display: 4inch WQVGA (480 x 800) Touchscreen
- Supported Audio Formats: WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE (Normal, High, Fast), AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF
- Sample Rate: PCM : 8kHz ~ 192kHz (8/16/24bits per Sample)
- / DSD : DSD64(1bit 2.8MHz), Stereo/ DSD128(1bit 5.6MHz), Stereo
- Output Level: Unbalance 2.2Vrms / Balance 2.3Vrms (Condition No Load)
- DAC: AKM AK4490 x2 (Dual DAC)
- Decoding: Support up to 24bit / 192kHz Bit to Bit Decoding
- Input: USB Micro-B input (for charging & data transfer (PC & MAC))
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n(2.4GHz)
- Bluetooth: V4.0(A2DP, AVRCP)
- Charging Interface: Micro USB Type-B
- Interface: USB 2.0, Headphone Out 3.5mm
- Feature Enhancements: Firmware upgrades supported
- Battery: 3400mAh 3.7V Li-Polymer Battery
- Frequency Response:±0.053dB (Condition: 20Hz~20kHz) Unbalance & Balance, ±0.56dB (Condition: 10Hz~70kHz) Unbalance / ±0.55dB (Condition: 10Hz~70kHz) Balance
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 116dB @ 1kHz, Unbalance / 117dB @ 1kHz, Balance
- Crosstalk: 130dB @ 1kHz, Unbalance / 135dB @ 1kHz, Balance
- THD+N: 0.0008% @ 1kHz, Unbalance / 0.0007% @ 1kHz, Balance
- IMD SMPTE: 0.0007% 800Hz 10kHz(4:1) Unbalance / 0.0006% 800Hz 10kHz(4:1) Balance
- Output Impedance: Balanced out 2.5mm (1ohm) / PHONES 3.5mm (2ohm)
- Astell & Kern AK320
- Micro-USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro USB on other end - 1m)
- 2 micro SD card slot covers (1 installed)
- Protective film (2 each/front and back)
- Leather case
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
|Brand||Astell & Kern|
|Product Type||Portable Audio Player|
|Recommended Use||Digital audio player, Portable audio system|
|Manufacturer Warranty||1 Year|
|Included Accessories||Micro-USB cable, 2 micro SD card slot covers, Protective film, Leather case, Quick start guide, Warranty card|
Related Product Information and Reviews
Read the latest expert reviews of headphone and earphones
Questions on Astell & Kern AK320 Portable Lossless Digital Audio Player & DAC
No questions asked yet