Astell & Kern AK380 Portable Lossless Digital Audio Player & DAC
Availability: In stock
- Portable balanced high-fidelity audio with native DSD support and 32bit/384kHz playback
- Playback of WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF
- Dual 32-bit DACs and advanced jitter reduction
- Intuitive and responsive pressure-sensitive Metal Touch home button
- Expandable options with micro USB connection and balanced out ports
Astell & Kern AK380
All of Astell & Kern's AK380 circuit design including the digital to analogue converter are ready for high bit rate processing to handle 32-bit music natively. With the most authentic delivery from any digital music format with enhanced features offering the most natural sound possible AK380 is intended for professional sound engineers, audiophiles and enthusiasts who demand the very best.
AK380 is capable of playing back 32-bit, 384 kHz original sound without any down sampling. The result is that the AK380 plays up to 32-bit, 384kHz, any 24-bit music files, or double layer DSD 5.6MHz natively, without conversion or compression. Equipped with dual-core processor allows the AK380 player to handle multiple requests and play high-resolution audio files with no lag.
Users will also be able to connect to music download sites and download directly to the player or stream music from their PC from the local network. The AK380 also offers great expandable options through its micro USB connection and balanced out ports on the bottom of the unit.
Evolution of a masterpiece.
The new AK380 offers the most authentic sound from any digital music format with enhanced features that are sought-after by Pro-Audio. Every bit of the AK380 was designed for Pro-Audio in mind. The sound that Pro-Audio people have been looking for starts with the AK380.
By utilising a voltage-controlled crystal oscillator (VCXO) high-precision femto clock, the AK380 is able to create a more accurate frequency value and make fine jitter corrections. As a result, the AK380 faithfully reproduces analogue sound closer than ever to the original source when transmitting a digital signal as an analogue signal.
AK Connect App
Astell&Kern has further enhanced DLNA functionality via the AK Connect app. Wireless networking DLNA connects to a NAS or PC, and is easily controlled with a smartphone or tablet through AK Connect. Source files on a PC or NAS can be freely transferred and streamed without the hassle of turning on the computer and physically connecting with a cable.
Metal Capacitive Touch
The AK380 is the first Astell & Kern product to utilize a metal capacitive touch interface.
The pressure-sensitive Metal Touch home button responds to fine pressure changes so users operate the device with just a light touch on the metallic pad.
The AK380's functionality is expandable by connecting to a variety of devices. You can increase the output and connect to a greater variety of high-impedance professional headphones through the upcoming AK380 Amp. The AK380 Cradle features balanced output in addition to USB data transfer and charging capabilities, and the AK380 CD-ROM drive rips audio CDs directly to the AK380.
Digital Trends Appraises AK380 High-Resolution Audio Player
“There’s no doubt the AK380 is a luxe device to say the least, but for those who must have the best of everything, this is the new high-resolution portable player to beat.”
HiFi+ Magazine Evaluation of AK380 Digital Audio Player
“The AK380 is one of the most versatile, refined, and compelling personal audio products I’ve ever heard.”
- 32bit/384kHz Bit to Bit playback
- Dual 32-bit AKM AK4490 DAC chips and advanced jitter reduction
- Native DSD playback up to 5.6 MHz
- Parametric 20-Band EQ / 0.1dB steps
- VCXO Reference Clock (200 Femto Seconds)
- Extendible Docking connector
- AK Connect App
- Metal-touch sensor Home button
- Display: 4inch WQVGA (480 x 800) Touchscreen
- Supported Audio Formats: WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE (Normal, High, Fast), AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF
- Sample Rate: PCM: 8kHz ~ 384kHz (8/16/24/32bits per Sample) / DSD Native: DSD64(1bit 2.8MHz), Stereo/ DSD128(1bit 5.6MHz), Stereo
- Output Level: Unbalance 2.2Vrms / Balance 2.3Vrms (Condition No Load)
- DAC: AKM AK4490 x2 (Dual DAC)
- Decoding: Supports up to 32bit / 384kHz Bit to Bit Decoding
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n(2.4GHz)
- Bluetooth: V4.0(A2DP, AVRCP)
- Charging Interface: Micro USB Type-B
- Interface: USB 2.0, Headphone Out 3.5mm
- Feature Enhancements: Firmware upgrades supported
- Battery: 3400mAh 3.7V Li-Polymer Battery
- Frequency Response: ±0.053dB (Condition: 20Hz~20kHz) Unbalance & Balance / ±0.56dB (Condition: 10Hz~70kHz) Unbalance / ±0.55dB (Condition: 10Hz~70kHz) Balance
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 116dB @ 1kHz, Unbalance / 117dB @ 1kHz, Balance
- Crosstalk: 130dB @ 1kHz, Unbalance / 135dB @ 1kHz, Balance
- THD+N: 0.0008% @ 1kHz, Unbalance / 0.0007% @ 1kHz, Balance
- IMD SMPTE: 0.0007% 800Hz 10kHz(4:1) Unbalance / 0.0006% 800Hz 10kHz(4:1) Balance
- Output Impedance: Balanced out 2.5mm (1ohm) / PHONES 3.5mm (2ohm)
- Clock Jitter: 30ps (Typ)
- Astell & Kern AK380
- Micro-USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro USB on other end - 1m)
- 2 micro SD card slot covers (1 installed)
- Protective film (2 each/front and back)
- Leather case
- Quick start guide
- Warranty card
|Brand||Astell & Kern|
|Product Type||Portable Audio Player|
|Recommended Use||Digital audio player, Portable audio system|
|Manufacturer Warranty||1 Year|
|Included Accessories||Micro-USB cable, 2 micro SD card slot covers, Protective film, Leather case, Quick start guide, Warranty card|
Questions on Astell & Kern AK380 Portable Lossless Digital Audio Player & DAC
No questions asked yet