$200 budget, nobody has been able to help me

Discussion in 'Full Size Headphones' started by Deadpool86x, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Deadpool86x

Deadpool86x Banned

Jul 21, 2009
    I've got a lot of requirements for a new pair of headphones. I've posted all over and nobody seems to really be able to help me. I've a $200 or so budget and they will be used solely for Mp3 player usage. I've a samsung p3 and I've got insane EQ customization ability. I've owned the monster turbine earbuds, they hurt my ears but the sound quality is nice despite the muddish bass. I want to be much better in fully over the ears. I am looking for

-over the ear cans that are not HUGE like princess leia buns on your head >.>
    -audiophile quality bass and sound, no muddyness
    -folding if possible, if not, something else better make up for it
    -SHORT CORD VITAL no coiled 4-5 ft max, nothing bigger.
    -closed back, if not, they better sound absolutely kill yourself amazing in its place
    -noice suppression is not important to me, just overall sound quality and nice bass. I also dont want them to be like speakers, where you can fully hear what I am listening to when they are on from like 20 feet away.

Nothing is more important to me than my music. I want to be floored and in total sound quality bliss. I've had people recommend me the ATHes7 but they are like 99 bucks on amazon and I can spend double that. People have a lot of trouble finding me the right pair, I cannot handle a coiled 10 ft cord, I will not :) I owned the ATH-ms5pro set and I hated them. I'll die before using a long cord again.

2. Jon @ HiFi

Jon @ HiFi Super Moderator

Jun 2, 2010
    Hi Deadpool86X,
    I'm not sure if you're still on the lookout for Closed Back Headphones at $200 or less, but thought I'd reply to this thread as it may be of use to others.

for the sub $200 (about £130.00) point one doesn't need to look much further than the Beyer Dynamic DT770PRO (80 Ohm) These are a real office favourite here, they're detialled, lovely bottom end that can handle just about any audio with a bassline, and have great clarity across the mids. The downside for your requirements is that these are not foldable and have a 3metre cable.

A really good match for you would be Ultrasone, the HFI-580 are within budget, but if you can stretch up to the HFI-780 I think all your dreams will be answered. On the design side they are foldable, have a small fixed cable that's just right for wearing with your MP3 player in a pocket, and a longer extension cable. Sonically they are incredible with the Ultrasone S-Logic technology providing the feel of 360 presentation rather than just left/right.

For bass heads the Shure SRH440 are a great choice. Although great bottom end reproduction is what really gives these Headphones their signature, there is no sacrifice on the top and mid ranges.

I hope this helps, and good luck with your search