£200 to spend on earphones help me chose what to buy

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by revgriffiths, May 7, 2013.

1. revgriffiths

revgriffiths New Member

Hi i have been looking in to getting a good pair of headphones for a while now, ive been thinking about getting the Sennheiser 650s for a while but in the end didnt go for them because of the price when purchased with a good amp. i listen to mainly electronic music e.g. glitch hop, house, electro swing and most other genres of electronic music. I also listen to a wide verity of other genres so versatility is important, but being good for electronic music is a key thing for me. im not a expert in headphones so don't really know what im looking for but understand what sounds good so want a good pair for music listening and a bit of gaming. im up for any recommendations. but have personally heard that the Beyerdynamic DT880 are good. any help would be much appreciated thanks!

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

3. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

4. revgriffiths

revgriffiths New Member

Do you think the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium Edition is worth the extra money? trying to decide between that and the dt880

5. john-hifi

john-hifi Super Moderator Staff Member

The Beyerdynamic Custom Ones would be a great choice, especially as you can customise the sound using the adjustable bass ports on the ear cups.

Another headphone worth considering is the SoundMAGIC HP100. They have really crisp highs and a deep bass, an extremely versatile headphone.