30 return

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Rayleigh Silvers, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Rayleigh Silvers

Rayleigh Silvers New Member

Hello there. I had a query about the 30 day return.

"You Must Take Reasonable Care Of The Goods - During the evaluation of the product it is expected that you take reasonable care of the goods (as you would when examining the product in a shop). In-ear earphones, microphones, ear plugs and other products that have contact with the ear, nose or mouth we define that reasonable care means you are should not break the hygiene seal and try them out."

What exactly does this mean? Can I try out the product? What's to stop people buying headphones with the purpose of trying them out and returning them? If you have no problem with this then that would make your service exeptional!

On the review of the grado gs1000i it says "When choosing a high end headphone like the GS1000i the best advice we can offer is to try the headphones out for yourself with your own equipment (we offer a 30 day money back guarantee)."

I'm not asking to abuse this service. I'm just taking my first step into the audiophile world so I've never really heard top quality headphones and have no idea how different they are.

Thank you

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Our 30 day returns policy basically means that if you purchase a product you can return it for a full refund or credit as long as it comes back in as new condition.

As new means that the item, its packaging and all accessories are returned exactly as they were received. Any scratches, rips, tears, defacement, loss of accessories, bent instruction manuals or very badly repacked items (so they are damaged when re-packed) would result in our rejection of the return and a conversation with the customer about how to proceed with the now second hand goods.

For hygiene reasons we are not able to extend this to In Ear Headphones or any other product which poses the risk of cross infection. Legally these products are exempt from the Sales of Goods act rules and the Distance selling Regulations (as are custom made products), so that retailers do not have to take on liability for public health concerns.

These measures are designed to help our customers, obviously any abuse of this helpful part to our terms and conditions could back fire on the customer concerned so we have seen little of that.

I would urge you and anybody else reading this to only buy an Item you are very serious about owning - making a mistake is something we want to help customers avoid and if it happens we want to help to be part of a solution. Many high end products we sell have numbered sealed packaging, these cannot really be made as new - If someone "Demoed" these at home just to hear what they sound like, they may find that they have basically bought them when they cannot return them as new!

Hope that helps, let me know if you need more clarification:)

3. Rayleigh Silvers

I understand the hygiene and breaking the seals part. It's just that when I saw your website say -

"When choosing a high end headphone like the GS1000i the best advice we can offer is to try the headphones out for yourself with your own equipment (we offer a 30 day money back guarantee)"

It's kind of misleading. I agree the best way to know if a pair of headphones are right for you is to try it yourself. No amount of research will be as valuable. But at the end of the day this is the real world and being able to demo a product properly is kind of difficult.

So just to clarify, If buy a product to try it out, even If I keep it in an "as new" condition the 30 day return is void?

4. Rayleigh Silvers

Hey robin (or one of the other mods), Can I please get a reply? I also wanted to know if I could try out different amps? My soundmagic e10's sound completely different when connected to the onboard pc sound than they do on my sansa clip. I'm wondering if it needs an amp so I'm trying to figure out which one I'll need since I want to use it to power some sennheiser Hd 558's as well.