A 21 Year Old Audiophile...

Discussion in 'Full Size Headphones' started by burns_joe, Sep 20, 2009.

1. burns_joe

burns_joe New Member

Hi Everyone!

I am new here, and although I'm only 21, a graduate, and unemployed, but I am ADDICTED to listening to music with high quality headphones!

My favourites so far have to be the HD650's from Senn' they blew me away and actually got me more and more interested in finding good 'phones.

What I'm looking for now are some circumaural's, closed (to shield surrounding noise without getting ANR headphones) with a budget of about £100, although I could push a bit further if it was worth it. I saw the Audio Technica A500's, which looked great, but does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks very much guys, all comments/advice/ideas are welcome!

2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Hello Joe. Welcome to the forum. I just spotted this post from some time back.

The Audio-Technica AD500 is a good choice. Very balanced, with plenty of mid-range detail. While the AD500's are very comfortable they are very big on the head, so are really only good for sitting still. If you jumped up and down they would probably fly off your head! :)

Beyerdynamic DT770s are also worth looking at. The bass range is very forward on these headphones, but positional accuracy is excellent and they are VERY sturdily built. The fit is comfortable, although they can grip the side of the head quite firmly.

3. ipoda

ipoda New Member

Get the absolute best price on Audio-Technica ATH-A500 Headphones and all your Studio and Recording needs at Musician's Friend.