a balance between the protection of hearing and the liking of high volume?

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by hifishine, Aug 28, 2013.

1. hifishine

hifishine New Member

I like listen to music with hign volume, cause i am lost in the music paradise without disturbing. But it is harmful for my hearing, and my hearing is indeed fading away. How can i make a balance between the protection of hearing and the liking of high volume?

2. john-hifi

john-hifi Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi hifishine,

There are certainly things you can do to avoid having to listen to your music so loud. The main way is to use headphones with good sound isolation such as the GermanMAESTRO GMP 8.35D or the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros. This means that sound won't leak from the headphones and external noise won't interfere with what you are listening to - therefore you won't need to play music as loud.

If you do listen to loud music then to protect your hearing you should have breaks between tracks, this will let your ears rest. This is also good because your ears will get used to whatever volume you listen to and when this happens you may feel to go even louder.. Giving your ears a break will prevent this.

Lastly you should try and listen to high quality audio. The lower the quality the more harsh the recordings can sound due to heavy compression - this is not good for the ears.

3. hifishine

hifishine New Member

thank you very much for your advice. They are very useful for my hearing.

4. hifishine

hifishine New Member

thank you, i will pay attention to different points.