adequate headphones

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by error474, Dec 24, 2011.

1. error474

error474 New Member

Dec 8, 2011

I want to get myself headphones but I'm not sure where to start looking for.
    I have pretty varied music taste. Mostly I listen to rock (different genres - hard, alternative, etc.), blues and even little to metal so
    the good guitar tone is the most significant for me. Secondly the let's say 'slow' music like ambient, post-rock and even a bit classical so it would be nice if they played well the higher tones too. Last and least is the bass tone in hh, funky and electronic music.
    I realize it's pretty basic description but I'm open to questions.
    Budget is pretty small - only about 80 euro so I don't expect anything smashing.
    Btw I need some closed ones because I'm going to use them a lot in the city (public transport and any others sources of noise) and I want them to be best for listening to music. I don't care how they work with gaming since I don't really play much.

I've done some researches already and found ATH M50s for about 70 euro, are they worth the money or can i get something better in this price range.

I hope my english is understandable : ) and thx for your time & help.
  2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
    That is about half price for the M50, if you can get them at that price then I wouldn't worry about looking around, they are superb;)