Advice for a newbie

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by Kungfudog, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Kungfudog

Kungfudog New Member

Hi all. I m new here after spending a bit of time searching the internet I was really pleased to find this place. I need advice and hopefully this is the place to help. I recently became a father which is great but has lead to a rethink of my home music listening. I currently using an iPod and set of budget akg headphones but it doesn't really cut it. I wondering if I m better investing in a new set of headphones and a dac/amp combo. Or would I be better going for something like the fiio 3/ sony a15 and new headphones. Then that gives me access to hi res and I could connect it to my hi fi and play hi res at home. Thing is I ve only got a budget of about £350 and don't know where to invest it. Any advice please or recommendations.

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

If you want a new DAC/amp that's compatible with your iPod, this is the best entry-level option. FiiO does not have a compatible DAC. If you go for headphone first, the AKG K553 is excellent. But buy them one at a time when you have the budget, and don't compromise, or your money will be wasted.

http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/oppo-ha-2-portable-headphone-amplifier-usb-dac.html

3. john-hifi

john-hifi Super Moderator Staff Member