AiAiAi Swirl In-Ear Sound Isolating Earphones in Black [HH00100]

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by oggie, Jun 7, 2011.

1. oggie

oggie New Member

AiAiAi Swirl In-Ear Sound Isolating Earphones in Black

Looking into getting above earphones but cant find review for them anywhere. Main reason I'm interested is after owning 4 sets of SoundMAGIC PL11 Earphones (which I love) I need a set of earphones that are less likely to break (keep on getting cable caught while at work which leads to conection of cable to earphone bit breaking).

Would it be possible for somebody that has used this set to write up little review :)

Thanks in advance

Oggie

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi Oggie

I'm afraid I don't have enough time at the moment to do a full review but I can tell you a little about using these in ears.

Comfortable feel and good looks designed by Kilo Design Denmark, and high-quality sound engineering by C4 studios. A thick earphone cable that can withstand everyday wear and tear is the first practical solution you will notice, which gives a sturdy feel.

Swirl earphones are designed to minimise external noise through their changeable silicon and foam buds for all ear sizes, isolation is pretty good. I prefer the foam tips which although different from Shure foams and Comply foams are pretty impressive. There is also a well thought out jack plug, strain relief is chunky and sensibly done.

These stylish, well designed in ears sound as good as they look. These stylish, well designed in ears sound as good as they look. They have a similar sound and acoustic feel to the other best headphones in this price category. Like the excellent PL11 and ubiquitous CX300 they feel warm and comfortable with reasonable sound staging - separation is sacrificed a little for the contemporary fun sound but all in all these just about match the best sound available in earphones for under £50.

Hope that helps:)

3. oggie

oggie New Member

Hi Robin

Thank you very much for taking time to write that little review for me, sounds like good set of earphones ......... will make an order.

All the best

Oggie