Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by Tcshad, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Tcshad

Tcshad New Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Two questions:
    1: What are SkullCandy headphones quality like, compared to say standard apple earphones?

2: What headphones / earphones would you recommend?

Little background:
    I'm 16, I love music, listen to music about 8 hours a day (via laptop, iPod, radio, etc).
    I listen to all kinds of music, ranging from pop, to rock, to rap, to blues, to rock and roll, to dance etc
    I have an iPod Nano, and I'm pretty used to the old standard apple earbuds, which a lot of people dislike, but I think have better quality than most other earphones / headphones i've tried that cost less than 15pound.
    But they do break. A lot.

So what I'm looking for is any type of headphones / earphones APART FROM the probing in ear models, which must have at least sound quality comparing to iPod standards, if not better.
    Leaky sound would be a bit of a pain, but if I get good quality and a bit of leaky sound, I suppose that's cool.
    I'd be using the headphones / earphones mainly for portable use.
    I do like stylish makes (like skullcandys) but prefer sound quality, BY FAR.

Oh and here's the biggest pain in the butt... my budget is 35pound (N).

Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks
  2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Headphone suggestions

Hey Tom... welcome to the forum.

Some Skullcandy headphones are OK quality, while others are pretty bad. We stopped selling the Skullcandy Smokin Bud in-ears due to poor quality.

If you are looking for stylish in-ears that sound pretty good then the Nixon Wire range is well worth checking out.

If you want sound that will blow you away compared with the iPod earphones and aren't so concerned about looks then take a look at the SoundMAGIC PL11.

If you go for any of the above make sure they are sealing well in your ear. If not the bass response will be VERY poor and you will be disappointed with the sound. Make sure to find an ear tip that seals correctly or try Comply Foam tips if none fit properly.
  3. Tcshad

Tcshad New Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Thanks ShaunG, I think I may purchase some PL11's then, because sound quality is my number one requirement.
    Thanks a lot :D