Anyone using Monster Beats Pro Headphones? I've seen the previous headphones threads

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by daniellin, Sep 14, 2012.

1. daniellin

daniellin New Member

I've seen the previous headphones threads; I realize that a lot of people here feel that Beats headphones are overpriced and overhyped. My problem is that I absolutely love them. I think they feel amazing, they're so comfortable and feel luxurious and they are the best sounding headphones that I've ever heard.

I currently use the Sennheiser HD 25 1 II, and I've seen glowing reviews on them in many DJ forums, but I don't like them. I don't think they sound great and I find them uncomfortable.

I am interested in getting the Beats Pro cans, not just for DJing, but also for casual listening. I'm posting here only to solicit opinions from those who actually use the Beats Pro headphones. If you have a pair, please let me know what you think of them. This is very big purchase for me and I'd like to make an educated decision.

Thanks!

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Lots of Beats distributors spam this site, because their product is so poor in sound quality. So your post is going to be viewed with suspicion.

3. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

4. marcusd

marcusd Member

A simple change to your HD25-1 II would be to upgrade the cables from the stock steel which is a bit hot in the treble to a nice set of HD650 cables or cardas terminated cable - makes a nice difference.

5. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

I have copper cables on my HD25 and the difference is huge. Steel is used in many pro cables because it is super tough but it really does sound very bad compared to copper as copper it is a much better conductor. HD25 copper cable is pretty hard to find at the moment.

6. burton

burton New Member

I always love my HD25's!!! Wish I never sold them.

7. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

I was playing my Amperior headphone from the Dragonfly DAC yesterday, and that combination would be very hard to beat.

8. quadpatch

quadpatch New Member

How about the Amperior cable? Is it the same as the HD25 do you know? Just wondering if they could be improved further or if they are already copper perhaps that's one of the reasons that they are so good in the already.

9. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

The 12 inch cable coming off the earcup is 4 mm thick, plus or minus 5 percent. The 33 inch extension with the Apple miniplug is 2 mm thick, same accuracy. So I would guess there isn't much copper or anything else in that cable.