Audéo / over-ear fit

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by wdavies, May 24, 2011.

1. wdavies

wdavies New Member

May 24, 2011
    Hi there,

Until recently I have been using UE700s, but one of the earphones stopped working after a year and I'm now looking to replace.

I'm really tempted by the Audeo PFE 012 but slightly put off by the over-eat fit. Does the design make it necessary to wear them in this way? I've never worn earphones like this and slightly reluctant to given I wear glasses so think it might get uncomfortable.

Slightly random question but wanted to ask!

Thanks for your help.

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
    Hi Will

Not an odd question at all! I wear glasses too and some earphones and headphones do not make life easy. It is hard to say how you will find the fit as glasses arms and ear shape probably have as much to do with it. Since I first used an over the ear fit earphone I now find it hard to go back to the cable down fit. The stability and lack of a cable at the sides of my head makes the earphone much easier to forget, the cable gets caught a lot less and microphonic noise is nearly non-existent. The cable on the Phonaks is pretty soft and there are some nice ear guides available too, both the cable and ear guides are thin and comfy and do not interfere with my glasses. If you still have the UE700's give it a little test, although the headphone body is not as ergonomically shaped as the Phonak it may help you decide:)