Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Or Sony MDR XB1000

Discussion in 'Full Size Headphones' started by OmidelF, Feb 15, 2012.

1. OmidelF

OmidelF New Member

Feb 15, 2012
    Hi Guys

I Want To Buy A great Headphone For Listening To House and hip hop Songs

I Want to Know Which One Of These Headphones Are Better For Hip Hop And House Songs :

Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Or Sony MDR XB1000 ?

And I Dont Care About The Price I just Want to know Which One Is Better In Playing House And hip hop Songs
    And Which One Is More comfort ?

And If you have a better headphone That is Good For House and hip hop songs and its below the 300$ plz Let me know !

And Do I Need an Amp For It [The headphone that u choose] ? Does it worth to buy a Amp for it ?
    and if yes which amp do you Suggest me to buy ?

and do i need to buy a sound card for using this headphone ? or my onboard soundcard is enough ?

My System Is This :

M.B : AsrOck Extreme 3
    VGA : 6870 x2 Crossfire
    Ram : 6gig TeamGroup 2000Mhz
    Cpu : Corei7 950 , 4Ghz
    Monitor : Asus 23 Inch Full HD

Tnx To All :X
  2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
    Hi OmidelF

Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Or Sony MDR XB1000 - There isn't really an objective answer, some would prefer the one and some the other.

Neither of these need amplifiers or "need" a specific soundcard - just the best audio signal you can muster.

The Sony MDR XB1000 have bigger bass, it is massive - if that is what you want then these are the one for you. If you like bass but want a closer to accurate feel then go for the M50.:)

Another alternative is the GermanMaestro GMP 8.35d. These can handle anything you can throw at them. Highly recommended for those with a discerning ear.