Audio Technica ATH-M50s discontinued?

Discussion in 'Full Size Headphones' started by midinotes, Apr 19, 2012.

1. midinotes

midinotes New Member

Struggling to find anyone in the UK who stocks the ATH-M50 straight cable version. Amazon have even just put up the price of the coiled cable version to over £150. Many websites are saying these cans are discontinued. Does anyone know if these phones are still available or are Audio Technica dropping them?

Simon

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

They don't sell very well because a lot of people use them whilst mobile and the straight cable is 3.5m I think, not great for carrying around. Coiled cable one is really good!:)

3. hodson08

hodson08 New Member

Hi, im looking for the coiled version either black or white (dont mind). has the black been discontinued? and can anyone please recomend a reputable website or seller to buy these headphones from in the UK

thanks

4. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

5. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi hodson08

For some reason the black version is currently unavailable. I cannot see that we will not get these back into stock again at some point but there does seem to be a temporary shortage. Feel free to stay in touch and keep asking until we get them back.:)

6. Milky

Milky New Member

i rang hi fi headphones yesterday and was told you could no longer get hold of the black ones and to look over the net for any left over stock
    A

7. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

While you're looking, check for the coiled and straight cable versions, just in case.