Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by indie1, May 21, 2013.

1. indie1

indie1 New Member

May 21, 2013
    I'm being drawn to the AF56 or AF78 earphone due to their 'vintage' style but has anyone used these and I wondered what your thoughts were re quality of sound.
  2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
    They are really lovely products. I was lucky enough to meet Dave Thompson when he was in the UK recently - he explained that he is a musician (and guitar builder in his spare time) and wanted to make something that looked as good as it sounded. I have some samples of these, what music do you like? I can have a quick listen and get back to you with a description :)
  3. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Audiofly headphones

So far my experience with the Audiofly headphone range is that they are all universally excellent!

I've been listening to an AF56 the last couple of days and have been really impressed with the quality of finish and the sound. My only problem is that I found I was unable to get a good seal with the standard tips. Comply foam tips solved the fit problem completely (as it does with pretty much any earphone!).

I'm looking forward to comparing the AF78 with the AF56. The AF78 looks like quite a different beast, with a more IEM style fit and hybrid driver design (dual driver: balanced armature and dynamic). The AF78 appears to be a first step up to proper IEMs.