Audiophile Headphone Music, suggestions please

Discussion in 'Full Size Headphones' started by dalethorn, Aug 5, 2014.

1. 24bit

24bit New Member

I find that some recordings are better suited for headphone listening than others.
    As a happy Sennheiser HD800 owner I discovered that one of my favorite recent audiophile downloads, the ''After Silence'' album from the Dutch master trumpet player Andre Heuvelman on the audiophile Sound Liaison label, has been mixed on Sennheiser HD800 ! It says so all the way at the bottom of the liner notes;

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2015
  2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

I played those tracks on my iPad, and it worked! And the samples are 90 seconds - excellent.

The sound quality is really great on streaming, which should be even better on the download. It's good to see artists like this on high-resolution downloads, for a reasonable price.

I highly recommend the artist Tiger Okoshi and the Color Of Soil CD. XRCD actually. Tiger is a trumpet player, and his album is fairly quick-paced jazz that swings right to the limit. You should have a good resolving headphone for that CD.

3. 24bit

24bit New Member

I am really getting into downloads, is there a download available?

4. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Whoa - what happened to the original post? I see only these 2. Anyway, I see Tiger on Artist Direct, but they have only a CD (which I have) and then iTunes links. It would be good if this were on HDTracks etc.