Audiophile ON - Mega Review Thread.

Discussion in 'Headphone Reviews' started by ScottAO, Jul 19, 2016.

1. ScottAO

ScottAO New Member

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

I have the M&D MH30, and for $100 USD I would rate them as 'meh', but for $330 at the U.S. Apple Store, not good at all. Very metal, very heavy, fairly strong clamp, and sound not as good as a Bose QC35 (or QC25 etc.)

3. ScottAO

ScottAO New Member

4. ScottAO

ScottAO New Member

Different strokes I guess. For me it's a million miles ahead of the sucked out sound on the 35 and 25 (which i do still use for flying). Build quality puts others to shame eg the fairly craptastic Bloc & Roc S1.

5. ScottAO

ScottAO New Member

6. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Build quality equals heavy clamp on the ears. Sound quality equals "good for rap or Adele etc." Not an audiophile item.

7. ScottAO

ScottAO New Member

"It's fun to watch the development of the Mr. Speakers brand & Dan Clark continues to impress us with his ever improving offerings. The might not be the ultimate listening experience headphone but as a set of reference cans, there are very few that can do it better. At $1500 the Ether don't come cheap and will face a lot of tough competition...."

www.audiophileon.com/news/mr-speakers-ether-headphone-review

8. ScottAO

ScottAO New Member

"Build quality is absolutely outstanding at this price and I can't praise Campfire Audio enough for the high standards of fit and finish on their earphones. This is probably the most abuse I have put a review IEM through and they still look the exact same as the day they arrived in the office. If you are a fan of...."
    Campfire Audio Orion Review

"The Jupiter earphones are a quad driver beast with detachable cable and unique styling. Said to be a more reference grade and balanced sound that its dynamic driver based brother the new multi-driver offering can be considered a completely separate product as opposed to an upgrade. Over the past few years...."
    Campfire Audio Jupiter Review

9. ScottAO

ScottAO New Member

"Contrary to what you have been led to believe not all bundled smartphone headsets are Junk. For a few years now LG with its Quadbeat line of earphones has been bucking the trend. The In-Ear headphones which usually come bundled with some high-end LG smartphones such as the G4 and G5 are also available to buy at the uber low price of $20."

Check out the LG Quadbeat 3 Review

10. ScottAO

ScottAO New Member

Noontec now does an updated version of the Zoro the Zoro II HD along with a noise cancelling headphone called the Hamo but the one that really caught my eyes was the Wireless / Bluetooth Zoro HD. There is a host of desirable features into these headphones from APTX support, NFC and a claimed battery life of 35 hours from a single charge.

Bluetooth headphones - The Noontec Zoro II Wireless review.

dalethorn likes this.
  11. ScottAO

ScottAO New Member

dalethorn likes this.
  12. ScottAO

ScottAO New Member

Trying to get through as many of these budget earphones this august. We continue with the sub $20 KZ ZS3.

KZ ZS3 review

13. ScottAO

ScottAO New Member

Mee Audio Pinnacle P1 Review

Alpha & Delta D2M Sports Earphones

Just a couple of new ones. The Mee's are an excellent entry into higher end earphones from Mee Audio (formerly MeeElectronics), I was surprised how balanced and flat they were.

The Alpha & Delta D2M were fairly average doing nothing outstanding but then they have the bonus of being IPX4 sweat resistance so should hold up well for sports.

14. ScottAO

ScottAO New Member

dalethorn likes this.
  15. ScottAO

ScottAO New Member

16. ScottAO

ScottAO New Member

Massively underrated portable bluetooth speaker. Everything about it is just streaks ahead of the majority of competition. I have the bought the Beoplay A1 by B&O las year and it is excellent for its small size but the combination of build, sound and battery life on the Minirigs bluetooth speaker is hard to beat by anyone in this size category.

Full review of the Minirig Bluetooth speaker here.

dalethorn likes this.
  17. ScottAO

ScottAO New Member

18. ScottAO

ScottAO New Member