Audiophile ON - Mega Review Thread.

Discussion in 'Headphone Reviews' started by ScottAO, Jul 19, 2016.

1. dalethorn

dalethorn Obsessive Auditor

I really like the Marshall look, and they are very well made, but their sound isn't as good of a deal as the look.

ScottAO likes this.
  2. dalethorn

I had the Puro for a bit - liked very much.

ScottAO likes this.
  3. ScottAO

ScottAO A Class

The functionality of the Braven XXL is pretty simple. There isn't anything complicated or overworked in its design and it doesn't try to be anything other than a damn loud and robust speaker. The functions and bonus features that it did have though are well executed and easy to use.

Braven XXL Bluetooth speaker review

dalethorn likes this.
  4. ScottAO

ScottAO A Class

The B400 are a very good set of earphones in their own right but the price point they compete in is probably the most competitive in in-ear headphones. 100-200 dollars is right around that sweet spot of beautiful sonic performance and value for money.

Brainwavz b400 review

dalethorn likes this.
  5. ScottAO

ScottAO A Class

Very true, seems like they just got the design down and thought to themselves these will sell on looks alone as long as sound is passable. Unfortunately all to common with the fashion brands. House of marley are another brand that make really interesting looking, well built headphones (in some models) and generally just throw whatever driver in that fits the budget. On their models that do sound decent it feels more like they got lucky than had any intent to make something that sounds good.

dalethorn likes this.
  6. dalethorn

I've had a couple of Brainwavz headphones. My first was the HM5, which may have been based on another brand. Anyway, the HM5 put out a very decent relatively neutral sound for an amazing price - around $130 or so USD.