Avenger sh6

Discussion in 'Vintage Headphones' started by kelvinmunson, Feb 15, 2011.

1. kelvinmunson

kelvinmunson New Member

OK, couldn't resist this opportunity to post the first thread..... hopefully somone more knowledgable can offer some info.

The Avenger SH6 headphones seem to appear fairly frequently on ebay and sell for anything up to 30 or 40 pounds.

By coincidence and there are a couple of pairs currently for sale..........

Avenger SH6 Vintage/Retro Stereo Headphones 1970's on eBay (end time 28-Feb-11 15:19:46 GMT)

Out of curiosity I purchased a damaged pair, a while ago, for next to nothing and having rewired them I have found they are surprisingly "useable" for 70s headphones.

Reasonably large driver (forget the actual dims) with a quite large earpiece. They are nicely finished, surprisingly light and open sounding without the mushy base familiar to users of phones like the KOSS PRO4AA. Overall, despite their shortcomings, they are comfortable to wear and I have used them for lengthy periods without fatigue.

However......... I have not been able to identify who manufactured them, where, or when... or any information regarding their original specification..... odd, as there seem to be plenty about.

Anybody else own a pair or know anything about them ?