Awia HP-X30 headphones

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by Lukin4DecentHedfones, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Lukin4DecentHedfones

Lukin4DecentHedfones New Member

Hi Guys

I am getting serious about music now and big into headphones ! I have recently just purchased some HD 600s and a bravo v1 tube amp and boy it sounds nice, but anyway back to the point.

I was over my dads the other day talking about my new hobbie(as he is into hifi)and he pulled out an old set of awia headphones, i asked if i could try them out as i am looking for a set of portables. I took them home warmed up my amp, stuck them on and to my amazement they were great ! I began to test them against my sound magics (which sounded dull and boring, to be honest i have got bored with the sound)and my hd 600s (which as usual sounded natural and precise)but for some reason these little portables had more colour and more soundstage than the HD600s.

Overall i still think my 600s are better but these little headphones are unbelievable for there size, my dad said he bought them about 20 years ago for £15 new(they are starting to fall apart now).I cant find anything about these little fones.
    Does anyone know anything about them ?(used them,drivers,other models ect)

P.S If anyone finds them second hand dont hesitate.

Thankyou
    Ash

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

You should do a little review in the Vintage Headphones bit of the forum. There is little info available on older models, the best info normally comes from someone like yourself, especially about how they sound!:)

3. Lukin4DecentHedfones

Will do ! Ile put it in there next week !!!

Thanks
    Ash

4. Lukin4DecentHedfones

I shall include photos so keep an eye out !