B and W P5 or Sennheiser Momentum for audiobooks?

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by NostraHistoria, Oct 18, 2013.

1. NostraHistoria

NostraHistoria New Member

I have narrowed down my choice to these two. Reviews have been good for both. However, I will be using them to just listen to audiobooks in a foreign language. So, I need them to be loud. Can you please help me with the decision? I am torn between the two. Both are excellent.

Thanks in advance if you respond.

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Both will do the job, but the Momentum is far more comfortable and durable.

3. john-hifi

john-hifi Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi NostraHistoria,

Considering that the Momentum On-Ears are only £169.96 they would be my choice! They are very comfortable, and their sound signature will suit audiobooks as they have great detail and clarity.

Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear

4. rowlf

rowlf New Member

I would say Momentum lead in terms of musicality and natural sounding. Whenever I have tried the P5 it just sounded a bit too forward and coarse for me. Although on the looks department, the P5 do look very good.

5. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Thank you. The P5's peculiar advantage is the very slim earcups, which could be good for walking outdoors so the headphone doesn't bulge too much. But the ultra-slim earcups don't allow much room for sonic treatments, so it seems like a trade-off of one thing for another.