B&O Beoplay H6 vs Bose QC25 - A (London) Commuter's Dilemma

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by ZeroGravity1605, Feb 22, 2015.

1. ZeroGravity1605

ZeroGravity1605 New Member

Feb 22, 2015
    Hello audio experts,

I am writing to you as I have spend hours and hours of research on this topic and I can't seem to find a definitive answer. Please, oh please audiophile geniuses, help me out!

I was looking for a pair of headphones up to 200 Pounds to make life in London a bit easier. I was looking to find something to enjoy my music (a wide variety of styles) on the London Tube/ In the Office/ At home. I usually commute around an hour each way, so being able to relax pre/post work is important for me :)

After 25+ Hours of research I found out that Bose QC25 would be the best fit for me due to their excellent NC capabilities and comfort (this is really important for me). It's worth saying that I considered in-ear monitors - I tried couple of pairs, but my ears start hurting really quickly and I just can't handle the sound coming so close to my ear drum (I know, I know - quite the fragile ears)

I purchased a set of Bose QC25 for a very good price (180 Pounds), however I am starting to question if I made the right choice, given the fact that I saw the B&O Beoplay H6 for 180 pounds as well. After reading about them, I saw that there is a general consensus that they are quite incredible - far better than the sound you get out of the QC's. Also, I have the bad feeling that the Bose is causing light headaches and a bit of nausea feeling, which I am still trying to determine.

I can't seem to wrap my head around one thing though - how good are the B&O's in blocking outside noise? Would their excellent pads and Over-ear design be able to block the (horribly) noisy London Tube and a loud office? Do you think it's better to stick with the Bose?

As a struggling-to-be audiophile (still early in my career) would it be better to stick with the bose and invest for a set of good Open Back Headphones like the Sennheiser HD598 to enjoy at home?

Thank you so much guys, your opinion is much appreciated!

p.s. As a consultant, my job requires me to travel most of the time via tube/ train and (rarely) via plane. Hope this helps!

TL;DR - 2 hour commute per day (London tube) - stick with bose qc25 or change for Beoplay h6
  2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Charleston South Carolina
    The QC25 sounds better (neutral, versus colored for the H6). I haven't found any comfort issues with the QC25, so whatever you experience is atypical, meaning your experience can't be predicted with other headphones. Make sure you have a fresh battery for the QC25.