Bakoon amp manufacturer has some free hirez downloads

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by dalethorn, Feb 14, 2013.

1. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Ever tried any of these Dale - free downloads are very cool but wondering what the products are like?:)

3. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Oh, no - very expensive amps they make, and since I never heard of them before (someone posted to my facebook page), it appears they are known only in the Far East. So if I hear any more about them from my contacts, I'll share any tidbits they have to offer.

The recordings are peculiar in that they seem to have a very small stage, then some odd sounds that emanate from off stage. Good stereo demos, though.

And speaking of odd products, a new mini-DAC called Meridian Explorer is hitting the ads now, touted as over-sampling 4 times, $300 USD here in the U.S., "Handmade in the U.K." they say, so competition for Dragonfly and several others?

4. RobinHiFi

That's interesting, only a few headphone amp companies building in the UK. Just looked, I had a quick play with one of these at the end of last year. I'm sure these guys also did a really expensive but impressive media player I have seen.

I go a new Macbook Pro a couple of weeks ago and I've been testing the new Just Audio uHA-120Ds, sound amazing with my Beyer T1s - was stuck listening all last Saturday afternoon, I was eventually told to put it away. If my wife gets sick of watching me messing around with something it is usually a positive sign for the product. This is Just Audios first DAC Amp - it is just as clever and well thought out as the rest of their stuff, unbelievably powerful for it's size too!:)

5. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

I was reading through the manufacturer guides on the Just Audio and I'm confused on their description of how the various distortions are handled in class AB mode. BTW, here in the states Apple just dropped the Macbook Pro by $300 a couple days ago.

Just Audio - Guides: CLASS A

6. RobinHiFi

Your totally right about the Macbook pricing - How annoying! I have half a mind to return it and buy another one at the reduced price!:mad:

Just Audio tech information I don't know about - This kind of thing is beyond my ability to join in meaningfully. Having spoken to Justin of Just Audio amps I know he designed the stuff from the ground up and is a pro electronic designer who has done parts of Nokia phones in the past. He is very approachable and loves a technical conversation if you want more info.

Boo Apple!