Bass-y earbuds vs. Bass-y headphones

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by jelicof, Aug 5, 2011.

1. jelicof

jelicof New Member

Jul 18, 2011

I don't really listen to music that much, but I am looking for a pair of decent earbuds or headphones with bass for $20 or less. I know this is a stretch.

I currently have a pair of Sony MDR-XB300s that I got for $15 and while I like them, they are much too bulky, ugly, and dorky-looking to wear in public. Now I'm not one of these people who needs them to match my clothes or be what's "in" today or whatever, but even I have some standards on this.

I found a pair of Sennheiser HD205s on eBay for $15, but then on Amazon I found a pair of "V-Moda Bass Freq" earbuds for $12.

I wonder if anyone has any experience with the V-Modas or Sennheisers? Again, I'm looking for both bass and at least some sense of style with them so I can wear them outside (obv. earbuds won't have this problem). Or if anyone has any other suggestions

Also I won't be putting these through high use (like hours every day, probably an hour every few days or so)