Beats By Dre jack input into Steelseries

Discussion in 'Full Size Headphones' started by Noizeing, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Noizeing

Noizeing New Member

I always been very bad at making my headphones last long... Usually it's the heaphone jack that gets a loose connection. And for some odd reason I decided to get a Steelseries Siberia v2 Headset.so my headset jack broke about 6 month ago, and in the meantime I bought a Beats By Dre headphone, wich eventually broke too. But not the jack wich usually is the case but the headphone split in half. So I wanted to solder the audio input from the Beats over to my Siberia wich were alot more comfortable. so I wouldn't need to buy a new headphone each 3 month... But I can't figure out how to dissasemble my Siberia! I cant find any screws at all and I'm too scared to force the cusion off the earpieces... And I'm pretty sure some of you will encourage me to buy a new headphone or send it to repair, but I have already soldered a new jack on it so the warranty is off and I'm too cheap to get it repaired. So i find this solution to be best in the long run. Is there any possibility of getting help dissasembling the headphone?

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

DIY info

The probability of getting DIY info here for repairs of that type is very low. I would suggest doing Google searches for DIY headphone projects, since there are many of those on the Web with great photos and illustrations, plus tips on how to proceed. Getting specific information on a rare headphone may not happen, but you might find what you need anyway.