Best headphones/earphones for £150

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by kamranh3, Sep 5, 2011.

1. kamranh3

kamranh3 New Member

Thanks to sudden swelling in my budget, which my parents have yet to be aware of (I'm 14), I can now spend £150, what are the best headphones or earphones in that price range? I like bass but I listen to all sorts of music, so they'll have to be decent with everything, which I know isn't so easy to achieve until you get to triple drivers, but with £150 I'm sure there are some products that would make me happy.

Any comments appreciated :)

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Which appeals to you more - Headphones or Earphones?

3. kamranh3

kamranh3 New Member

Definitely earphones, I use them often and take them to schoool

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  4. kamranh3

kamranh3 New Member

Edit: I've really like what I've seen about the Westone UM2, is there any place and that's selling them for less than £150?

5. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

This is a warning, but please understand, buy your headphones from where ever you like, hifiheadphones.co.uk loves to give advice and we are happy to be a part of the legitimate headphone world without feeling we should take over.

Cheap prices are not the way to go! Most of the manufacturers and distributors of any decent quality items will have an agreed price which is fair on everybody allowing you to afford the goods, shops to stock them and making it worth shipping these products around the world.

A cheap price from a well known store who are doing a promotion is great! A random cheap price from ebay, Amazon marketplace or a new inexperienced business can be an enormous mistake. This is how people end up with fake goods, second hand goods, grey imports with no warranty and normally appalling after sales care. Even some of the more notable entities have been caught out selling incorrectly imported goods with no warranty -

Headphone Safe Buying Guide - AV Forums

Fake headphones

My advice is buy safe don't buy cheap! If you can do both, all the better:)

6. kamranh3

kamranh3 New Member

I guess that's the best option, aside from that any suggestions in that price range?
    My current earphones are Sony Ex082, and I quite like the bass on it, but I want it be as good as it can get at that price range

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011