Best headphones for £200

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Sandf0rd, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Sandf0rd

Sandf0rd New Member

Hey guys, first post here so be gentle :). Been looking around now for the past 2weeks or so for some headphones for when I'm travelling and playing poker. Got a budget of £200. The main genre of music I listen to is dubstep, but also listen to d&b and a bit of rock.

I'm after over ear headphones pref with closed back so the sound doesn't leak but not overly mportant.

The main headphones that have popped up are:

Beats studio headphones
    Sennheiser HD 598
    Shure 840 & 940

All the reviews I've read, they all seem to have their pros and cons which is making my decision harder. It would be ideal if the came with a case, but if they don't then if I can buy one seperatly they would be great.

I think I've included all the criteria, if I've missed anything just ask :).

Thanks a lot,

Dan

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Beats?

This post appears to be a duplicate of another post. Sennheiser and Shure are high fidelity headphones. Did you want a non-high-fidelity headphone, i.e. Beats?

3. Sandf0rd

Sandf0rd New Member

Since you put it like that, i would say high fidelity :).

Dan

4. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Senn or Shure, can't miss. Best quality in your price range is Shure 940, but that's a closed back headphone.

5. Sandf0rd

Sandf0rd New Member

Cheers for the advice mate, think ill go with the 598s to be honest. Now i just need to shop around for a case that will fit them.

Dan

6. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Sennheiser HD-598

I'm sure you will like the 598 - all I've heard has been positive. I squeezed a Grado PS500 into a Vmoda bag that comes with the V80/M80, but that's too small I think for the 598. I wonder if Vmoda's bag for the LP or LP2 would fit? I could not find a bag for the Grado in the U.S., but I saw that there were bags made just for the Grado in the U.K., so if that's where you are you might have better pickings there, getting a case for the 598.

7. Sandf0rd

Sandf0rd New Member

I'll have a look around matey, did a quick search on eBay, and found a case (from china) which is designed to fit the 598 and a couple of other models, it's a hard case with a zip so as a last resort I might go for that. As long as it protects them I'm really not bothered where I get the case from.