Best Headphones For £400

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by Bass_Head, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Bass_Head

Bass_Head New Member

Jan 13, 2012
    I need to know what headphones are can buy that are very good with a mobile (Samsung Galaxy S3) I love Bass so they have to have a lot of bass. I'm looking at the t70p are they any good what's better and i am looking to spend £350 £400.

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Charleston South Carolina
    Here's a list you can look at sorted by price, but you will notice scrolling down a bit that headphones in that price range just don't have really boosted bass. That's because the fewer number of people willing to spend that much want a more neutral sound. Maybe someone else here will have a suggestion.

Closed Back Headphones
  3. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
    Hi Bass_Head,

Don't just focus on the price - most headphones at the pricepoint you are looking at will have a linear type Hifi EQ or an even flatter production type EQ. Your forum name tends to suggest you like (as many men do) a big bottom end. You are less likely to find this the more you spend as this is not a sound associated with the uses of flagship headphones or highend studio equipment - they tend to be "accurate" which means bass is great but it is in correct proportion as opposed to elevated.

The first place to look would be our review of the best headphones that includes what we consider to be the best headphone at each price point. Feel free to ask questions about any that catch your eye.

Below are few more ideas based on your requirement. You need a low impedance, neat pair which are sturdy and closed back - probably with big bass - have a look at these -

Pioneer SE-MJ591 Foldable Closed Back Audiophile Headphones

Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Closed Monitor Headphones Coiled Cable

GermanMAESTRO GMP 8.35 D Monitor Closed Headphones