Best headphones for around £100??

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by ridethelightning, Jul 13, 2011.

1. ridethelightning

ridethelightning New Member

I am looking for some new headphones as my pair of sennheisers died on me. I listen to rock and metal music mainly from my ipod touch and so need a pair of good quality headphones. I don't care what they look like but want the best quality for the price. I also need them to be portable enough to carry around with me at college etc.
    Thanks!

2. AndyDude

AndyDude New Member

Hello! Choosing good headphones it is not easy. If your new headphones sound bad it is very upsetting. So, at first take a piece of advice: find your own headphones and remain loyal to them. It will save your money. I have been using KOSS for a long time, but a few months ago I decided to test smth new. I bought AKG. And it wasn't a good idea. So I spent money again and bought my favourite KOSS. You said you didn't care about your headphones look. I think listening to metal in pink headphones is funny:) Ok, let's be serious. Portable, good quality, reasonably prised...Hmm... I am listening to metal and rock too and as I mentioned I use koss portaPro and have never had anything better than these. But they are not in-ear headphones. They are supra-aural. So if you are looking for smth like in-ear Sennheiser I can recommend you Sony headphones (their price is high but under the £100 limit) or a skullcandy (lower than Sony price, but the headphones are cool). So, good luck

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  3. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Best headphones for £100

I can recommend checking out our Best Headphones Review for some ideas at around £100.

Below are some headphones that would fit the bill:

Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Audio-Technica ATH-ES55
    SoundMAGIC P30

Note: The list above is order of portability (most lightweight and portable at the bottom).

4. andrewscott

andrewscott New Member

Hi...

These earbuds won't give you quite as deep a sound as canal-style models, but I hope the following buds can still rival the sonic capability of full-size headphones....

1. JAYS a-JAYS Four headphones -> $69.99
    2. Klipsch Image S4 earphones -> $76.89 to $98.99
    3. Audeo Perfect Fit Earphones -> $100
    4. Bose IE2 headphone -> $92.99