Best Headphones for iPhone & Laptop c £120

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by Sjmbyrne, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Sjmbyrne

Sjmbyrne New Member

Hi, I'm looking to buy a pair of headphones for listening to music and movies from my iPhone and laptop when travelling. My budget is up to about £120 but cold go a little extra if it brings something extra special. Any recommendations? Also, if an amp is appropriate, which one? Thanks

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

3. matt@fakeheadphones

matt@fakeheadphones New Member

I hate to mention the 'B' sord, but for portable work I think they work rather well. Unless you buy a headphone amp as well the Denon's might be your best bet. If you're thinking of a pair of Ultrasone headphones (and why not I've owned 9 pairs in my time) then go for the DJ headphones rather than the HFI or Pro series. The DJ1 headphones (which I have on my head at the moment) can be a bit heavy, and really are not for 'travel' use.

AT M50 seem to be the new favourite for many.

My all time favourite headphones are the Sennheiser HD25-1 headphones. I've had mine since 1997 and I love them. you might want to look at a pair of HD25 sp headphones

Sennheiser HD 25-SP II Headphones (HD 25-SP II DJ Monitoring)

The HD25 do noise canceling as good as any purpose made NC headphones i've tried.