Best headphones under £200

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by tadjer, Mar 1, 2013.

1. tadjer

tadjer New Member

What are the best headphones for TV and Hi-Fi under £200? I'm looking for a really good pair of headphones to replace my Sennheiser HD595, which are about 8 years old (the dog just chewed the headband).

I've just been reading the top 10 best headphones review, but am wondering if there are any other good suggestions.

Other than the sound, the most important factor for me with headphones is comfort as I am wearing them for hours at a time. I like a clean accurate sound, with good depth to bass.

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Would you be considering both open and closed backs? The HD595 had good bass but had a reasonably flat EQ (compared to the HD600 and HD650 which had stronger bass but only to the degree where they felt a little more relaxed). Are you looking for a flat EQ with good bass or would you like to retain a relaxed sound - so big bass but not dominant. let me know what sound you would like, £200 is a great budget and there will be something to suit you perfectly so try to let me know exactly what you would like.:)

3. tadjer

tadjer New Member

Best headphones

I think it would be best to go for closed back headphones, as the HD595s leaked sound and were distracting for other people in the same room.

It's very hard for me to say what I like as the HD595 is the only decent headphone I've spent time listening with. I definitely don't want the massive bass. I tried Monster Beats in an Apple store and was not impressed!

I notice that you guys have a headphone demo room. I live in London, so it would be pretty easy to travel down to see you. What headphones do you have for demo that I can try?