Best in-ear headphones for D&B / Folk <£60

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by Playdo, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Playdo

Playdo New Member

Looking for recommendations for the best in-ear headphones for under £60. I listen to a lot of drum and bass and want very good bass and sub-bass. I also listen to a lot of folk/rock style music.

I'm really after an earphone that I feel really submerged in. Doesn't have to be totally true technically, but I like a lot of separation and clarity in the sound. If you have suggestions slightly over the budget, that's cool too as I may be able to get a discounted set somewhere. Thanks

2. john-hifi

john-hifi Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi Playdo,

In my opinion, the best earphone we do for under £60 is the SoundMAGIC E10. It does it all for for an amazing price. I would also recommend that you get some comply ear tips for them as this will improve the sound quality and isolation - Comply T-400

3. Playdo

Playdo New Member

Hi John,

I'd looked at the E10s before but went with some Brainwavz M5, which weren't any good.

Do you have any other earphones that you can compare the E10s to, and what is the sub bass like? Ps. I have some tips like the T-400s (maybe the same ones)

4. john-hifi

The E10s have very good bass for this price, it will go low and there is a good amount of volume to it. With that being said they also have great detail and the bass doesn't interfere with the mids/highs so they will be great for folk too. If you want a more bassy earphone then I would also recommend the Audiofly AF45. They're not as good as the E10s when it comes to detail, but they certainly will have more bass to them.

5. Playdo

Playdo New Member

I've just noticed that your shop is in Lancing. A shame as I recently moved away from Brighton ..it would've been great to pop in and have a listen. What's your policy on headphones if I buy online and am not satisfied with the sound?

6. john-hifi

It is our aim that customers are 100% satisfied with all products purchased at HiFi Headphones. Therefore, we understand that customers may be dissatisfied with the performance of products that raise hygiene concerns after they have tried them out. If this is the case please contact us and we may be able to offer credit for another purchase (subject to inspection of the returned product) or to purchase the product back as second hand (taking into account that we would need to dispose of the item as B grade in our clearance area).

You can read our returns policy here:

Headphone & Earphone Store, Reviews and Forum | hifiheadphones.co.uk

7. enjoyheadphone

enjoyheadphone New Member

Select the headset sound quality is very important, if better shape beautiful words . You can choose reasonably priced in-ear headphone !