Best in-ear headphones for Rock/Metal

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by ThomasShearerr, Jan 13, 2015.

1. ThomasShearerr

ThomasShearerr New Member

I have recently decided to upgrade all my music from the standard MP3's for my iPod etc to .FLAC.

I am looking at purchasing a Fiio x5 as a portable solution for my flac files, but I need a good pair of headphones to suit, so I can actually hear the difference compared to my old .mp3

I don't really like on or over-ear headphones, so would rather spend my money on a good pair of in ear headphones.

I want something with good performance for more rock/metal based music, and ideally I would like to be paying less than £200. But that is negotiable for the right pair!

Although these wouldn't be earphones I would work out in or use for running, I would like to be able to use them when out walking with the dogs etc. so something that isn't going to fall out easily or make it sound like a thunderstorm every time i take a step is a must!

Although I want something more optimised for the heavy vocals and guitars, I would also like something that's a bit of an all rounder, as some of the stuff I listen to is more soft rock or even pop.

If anyone can help with any suggestions that would be much appreciated!

Examples of music they will mostly be used for:

Architects, Bury Tomorrow, Bring Me The Horizon, Marmozets, Gallows, Bullet for my Valentine, Don Broco, Deaf Havana, Fightstar, Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters, Linkin Park, Of Mice & Men, Ed Sheeran, Enter Shikari, Marilyn Manson.

Thanks!

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member