Best Sturdy Headphones Under £150

Discussion in 'Full Size Headphones' started by adsboy17, Apr 6, 2012.

1. adsboy17

adsboy17 New Member

Apr 6, 2012
    I am wanting to get some new headphones and have set myself a budget of £150 to spend on a set of closed back Headphones.
    I have tried on a few head phones so I would generally like these to be as sturdy and as stylish as the Beats Pro but with much better sound quality they must also be good at cancelling out the noise as I generally listen in noisy places.

So any help or suggestions as to which headphones i should get would be much appreciated, also links would be favorable
  2. UndefinedMemory

UndefinedMemory New Member

Jan 16, 2012
    It sounds like you want the V-Moda M80 headphones:

Crossfade M-80 Shadow On-Ear Headphones: Electronics

Read up on them to get a better idea of what they're like, but basically: good sound quality, fairly good isolation, extremely tough and durable, great (customisable) design and a good match for a lot of different genres. Dalethorn on here rates these extremely highly as well and I picked up a pair for my girlfriend at christmas and they're just brilliant. I don't think that Hifi Headphones carries them currently and they're pretty hard to find in the UK, but that's a standard price on the amazon link. If you want to customise the shields you have to get those from v-moda in the states, so you can order them all together, but you may end up paying more for shipping (as the shields come in quite a small package on their own) and in the box for the M80 I got there was a voucher for money off the shields, which covered the shipping anyway.

There are a lot of reviews on them online to give you some more information. The isolation is good, but not as good as something like the Beyer DT1350, but my girlfriend uses hers all the time - including in her office, where her colleagues never comment on noise from them - and hasn't had any issues.

Hope this helps!