best tv headphones

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by elizann, Mar 19, 2012.

1. elizann

elizann New Member

My elderly father has a hearing difficulty, and I am looking for suitable wireless headphones for watching TV only. Sinnheiser have been recommended to me, and there are discontinued RS130s available to buy on the internet. I have also looked at the info on the RS110 and RS120 models. Advice please.

2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Best headphones for TV

There is quite a large selection of TV headphones, but not so many of these are wireless. We've written a guide to the best wireless headphones specifically for headphones without wires. Have a read of this first and see what takes your fancy.

Sennheiser is the best quality brand of wireless headphones. Many of the other brands (Sony, Panasonic, etc) are really quite low quality in comparison.

If you can still get your hands on a pair of genuine RS130's, then grab them before they are gone. We buy directly from Sennheiser and have not been able to buy these for nearly a year now, so it would surprise me if anyone had genuine Sennheiser stock left.

The RS120 is still a solid choice. The rechargeable batteries make it very convenient and sound is fine for TV. The new Sennheiser RS160 is well worth considering, as these are much more comfortable for long listening sessions and sound quality is massively better than the RS120/RS130.

3. elizann

elizann New Member

Best Headphones for TV

Many thanks for your advice. I won't waste time now looking at other manufacturers. If I do not manage to get the set of RS130s, I will have another look at the RS120s and the RS160s which I didn't research previously.

Your help has been much appreciated.