Best Wireless Headphones for under £200

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Trojan Horse, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Trojan Horse

Trojan Horse New Member

Hi there,

I would like to buy the RS180 but I want to know if it is suited for me.. I would use it on the PC/TV/IPOD to play games, movies and music.. so everything really. I'm into my rap and hip hop, so bass and whatnot.. :p

I want to know if I purchase the RS 180 for my PC would I need to buy a decent soundcard or an amp (I hear the RS 180s have their own inbuilt amp), or maybe a DAC?

Would the RS180s work on my iPod or do I need to purchase anything seperately?

I don't really care about the wireless range, my house is built solid and getting into another room with most wireless items is near impossible anyway so these will be used in the same room as my equipment.

I'm new to audiophile gear and things, my only other headphones/audio equipment I've tried are cheap and not audiophile grade, such as my lovely soundmagic e10s and my plantronics gamecom 780, so how much of a difference will I notice? I'm hoping a ton! :p

2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Best wireless headphones

The RS180 is a solid choice. Sennheiser pretty much have the good quality wireless headphone market sown up.

You will be able to plug the RS180 directly into your PC or laptop, but if it's the standard sound card you will likely not be that happy with the quality. A DAC (such as the FiiO E17) would give you the upgrade in sound you are looking for.

An alternative would be the SoundMAGIC WP10, as this comes with a good quality USB DAC. The headphone is basically an HP100 with wireless functionality.

3. Trojan Horse

Trojan Horse New Member

Hi,

Would I be better of purchasing the E17s over a soundcard (e.g Asus Xonars?)