Beware of fake Beats Mixr headphone

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by soundtech, Jun 3, 2012.

1. soundtech

soundtech New Member

Hi All

I recently bought a new model of Beats Mixr heaphone. I compared to my friend's headphone which he bought earlier this year (2012).

We noticed that two headphones are in big difference. We went to authorized distributor and compare with their sample, Finally and unfortunately my headphone is a big Fake.

I share the information here and hope it will be helpfull to everyone.

Attached Files:

• 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      81.1 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      55.3 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      62.9 KB
      Views:
    • 9.JPG
      9.JPG
      File size:
      39.3 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      87.9 KB
      Views:
  2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Beats not good

Beats is not a good headphone, so the issue in comparing real to fake is a matter of comparing bad to worse.

3. Cyclops

Cyclops New Member

I agree beats bad but thats because they are just a rebranded version of some headphones released in Japan over 2 years ago.

4. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

A lot of companies are bringing out new headphones, but not trying for better sound necessarily. On the one hand, it's harder for people to choose something good because of all the new items that are not so good.

But there is a much worse problem, and that is for tech sites who evaluate headphones and sound for their customers. If they say a new item has certain faults, that new item might have been designed that way on purpose for a certain sound effect. So nowdays a lot of tech reviewers are shying away from telling their hi-fi customers how things sound, because of all the confusion about how they are supposed to sound.

5. smartassno1

smartassno1 New Member

Beats? Lol. I doubt the fakes sound much different to the originals.

6. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

The reason I say fakes (which have no warranty) is because so many spammers post "Monster Beats" ads, and Monster and Beats no longer work together.