Beyerdynamic DT880 PRO

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Eminem, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Eminem

Eminem New Member

Jul 8, 2011
    hi all, looking to buy some new phones and was wondering if the Beyerdynamic DT880 PRO 250ohm would work with my current setup which is /walkman nwz-s765>fiio direct line out>fiio e7>sony xb700 ..would the Beyerdynamic DT880 PRO 250ohm be a good upgrade in sound quality but also would the e7 be up to the job of powering the moment i use the e10 sound magic with comply tips for out and about and find the sound on them amazing for the price..and use my xb700's for i like is realy varied from enya-red hot chillies-areosmith-sting-bon jovi-elli goulding-and of course -Eminem-

thanks Em

ps :-thanks to jon at hifiheadphones for sorting out my Fiio E7 and soundmagic E10 phones and comply tips through my wife claire as i cant talk very well due to a medical condition.....thanks matey
  2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
    Hi Eminem

I pointed this post out to Jon and it made him smile, he hopes your enjoying the bits he has sent.

The DT880 250 Ohms are a fantaistic pair of headphones that would work really well with your current set up. This combination should be fairly neutral and balanced. These headphones really come alive after 50 hours, although they sound nice out of the box they get a bit more depth and feel more focussed at the top after a couple of weeks listening. If you do get them you should put some impressions on here as I really like this headphone and I think they are a great choice.:)