Beyond Sennheisher HD 25-1 II's (upgrade)

Discussion in 'Full Size Headphones' started by bob666, Jan 22, 2010.

1. bob666

bob666 New Member

Hello,
    I have very limited knowledge about headphones and would be grateful for any advice. I used Sennheisher to listen to music in my office/home for a few years now and happy with the price/performance relationship on these phones but I like to spend a bit more money and get something really good. The problem I have is that I quite clusmy and any phones that buy are likly to dropped on the ground at some point. As i sure your all aware HD 25-1 II are built like a tank so there never any problems are there any better (sonically) headphone that offer a similar level of durability, at least 85% of the sennhesier's? I mainly listern to rap/rock if that helps

Thanks in advance

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi Bob666,

I can't say for certain which would be perfect but one of these could be your next headphone! They all give more detail and have better bass control.

Shure SRH840
    - Slightly bassier with a bit more detail as compared to HD25's.

Ultrasone HFi780 - Much better balanced with a bit more detail as compared to HD25's.

GermanMaestro GMP 8.35D - Built to last forever, very nicely balanced and my personal favourite.

3. geoffbrecker

geoffbrecker New Member

I think the Shure's are much more durable than the Ultrasones though if I'm not mistaken.

Have you bought anything yet?