Bluetooth earcup suggestions

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by mephisto, Mar 31, 2012.

1. mephisto

mephisto New Member

Hi there,

I'm looking for a good bluetooth headphone that covers my whole ear like the Nokia BH-604 that I had in the past, sold because I was not using it anymore. Now I'm looking for a headphone that is as good or better than the Nokia for noise isolation and lots of bass.

I was wondering about the Sennheiser PX 360 bluetooth but looks like the earcups are not that large as it looks on the pictures. Do you guys have any other suggestions? I've a budget of around £100-150

I've also checked some review from Motorola S805, but it also doesn't look like to the big enough.

Thanks!

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Despite looking small the cups on the Sennheiser PX 360 bluetooth are actually designed to be circumaural and therefore should fit your ears inside! These are the only decent ones I have seen myself but the Motorola S805 actually look a similar size. If you can find the PX 360 at the right price go for it - Sennheiser do this type of thing really well.:)

3. mephisto

mephisto New Member

The Motorola S805 one seems to have harder padding looking at it, perhaps this reflects on the price (£52). The Sennheiser PX 360 looks a bit more chunky when looking at the padding, not sure in real like as I tried to find both with no luck. Apple store was supposed to have a few of these wired model but today they didn't have any. The only problem is the price, £150, it nearly 3 times more, and I'm not sure if I'll get quality enough to justify it.

I was also looking at Bose, but I don't know... it looks a bit crappy, while testing it looked like very weak on bass for me, cheap look. I tested a model called quiteconfort QC15

4. mephisto

mephisto New Member

Ow, just forgot to say about the Bose model, it felt really comfortable on my ear, but audio wise for me was pretty bad

5. glimmer11

glimmer11 New Member

Similar question

I was looking at the px 360 bt's and they look quite good, although slightly small. I really can't stand wired headphones! I looked at the wireless beats by dre, they do look better than the sennheisers, but is the audio quality there? I tried a friends solo hd's and they had slightly too much bass for my taste and are the wireless beats really worth £250?

I assume the px 360 bt's are fairly balanced, but bassy enough? Do you know where it would be possible to try them as they seem to be a rarity?

6. mephisto

mephisto New Member

what about the quality of the 360? Good external noise isolation?