Budget headphones

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by AMKS, Mar 30, 2012.

1. AMKS

AMKS New Member

Hey guys, i'm in need of help at the moment as i'm looking for a very durable set of headphones / earphones that still have very good sound quality and no leakage. The only difficult part is I only have a budget of 25-30 pound. At the moment I have only had a pair of Sennheiser cx 270s (now dead) and i'm currently living on some Creative ep 630s (in the process of dying). Ideally I would like to transfer to some nice over-ear headphones but earphones would do just fine.

Any help at all would be much appreciated,
    Thanks,
    Aaron

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Budget

The problem I see is you getting a third (or more) budget headphone and it too will fail. Might you consider waiting a while to increase your budget?

3. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

4. AMKS

AMKS New Member

Ok i’ve upped my limit (Only by a bit as i’m a bit strapped for cash) to 50 quid in the hope of getting something a little better so far I have come across these:
    Reid and Heath MA-350
    Sennheiser – PX100-ii
    Sennheiser – CX300-ii
    Sennheiser – HD 202
    Koss – Porta Pro
    JVC – HAM5X
    Denon – AHD510
    Sony – MDRXB500
    If anyone has had any experience with any of those or can recommend a better set of headphones I would be very appreciative.
    I listen to a lot of rock and metal with a good amount of bass as well so would it be beneficial for me to get an amp like an E5?

Thanks again,
    Aaron

5. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Headphones

I'm familiar with the Koss Portapro and Sennheiser PX-100ii, both of which have very good reputations, and both of which are good for bass-centric music.