Budget recording studio tracking headphones?

Discussion in 'Full Size Headphones' started by dickiefunk, Oct 15, 2013.

1. dickiefunk

dickiefunk New Member

Oct 15, 2013

I'm new to this forum and would like some advice on getting a pair of budget headphones for a recording studio. I would like to use them for recording vocals mainly and it's important that the headphones are able to prevent a lot of sound leaking into the microphone.
    Ideally I would like the headphones to have a replaceable lead and be comfortable and pretty decent sounding.
    My budget is £50 max.

I have done a reasonable amount of searching online over the past few days and have narrowed my choices down to :-

Monoprice 8323 - £15
    Superlux HD669 - £24
    Superlux HD661 - £24
    Superlux HD631 DJ - £36

Which of these prevents sound leakage most effectively?

I have been using a pair of old Sennheiser EH2200's until they recently died after 10 years of serious use. My other headphones are a pair of Beyer DT880 pro's which I use for mixing and absolutely love!!

Which of these would you recommend for mainly recording vocals, guitar and bass in a studio?

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Charleston South Carolina
    Your question was answered where it was posted on Rock Grotto. But I don't know if you want to look at the offerings by HifiHeadphones U.K. Here's a list, and I think the Fostex TH7BB would be good.

Closed Back Headphones
  3. john-hifi

john-hifi Super Moderator Staff Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I'm going to agree with Dale here, the Fostex TH7BB is my favourite full size headphone under £100 - And they will be great in a studio.