Buds for music and talking compatible w\ Galaxy S3 - Klipsch S4A v. Jlab J6M

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by LaDjA, Jun 10, 2013.

1. LaDjA

LaDjA New Member

Hello
    I want to buy a new set of earbuds. These will be used mainly for listening to music (there's no one specific genre that I listen to, but I'd say it's mainly indie folk-pop and some rap). I want the buds to produce good sound (not an audiophile by any measure, but I do enjoy good music and sound), and to be compatible with my Samsung Galaxy S3 (mic usability is a must have; controls compatibility would be a plus). It is also important for me that they don't break easily.
    I'd set the price limit at $45, for which sum I can get the Klipsch S4a II on eBay, which seem to be a decent option.
    I am considering buying the Jlab J6M, which now go $30 on Amazon.
    I would appreciate any help in choosing between the two, or, if you think that I'm overlooking a better option - I'd like to know about it.

Thanks,
    Tal

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

3. LaDjA

LaDjA New Member

Thanks for the answer.
    The first three are way over my budget, but I did find the ClarityOne for $30 on Amazon. How does it compare to the J6M and to the S4a?
    Also, I'd appreciate any input for helping me choose between them. Are the S4a really better than the other two?

Thanks

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

I prefer the Clarityone sound to the Klipsch S4 but that is based on my EQ preferences. Although both have nice strong bass, the S4 is morewarm with less going on at the top. It's been a while since I used an S4 but that is my recollection.

5. LaDjA

LaDjA New Member

Thanks, RobinHiFi!