Choosing new headphones. Can you help?

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by FWNightmare, Oct 18, 2011.

1. FWNightmare

FWNightmare New Member

Hi forum!
    Well, kind of a newbie here looking for help from the pros!
    I am searching for a pair of headphones that are durable, have decent sound quality and that are from the likes of these:

Audio Technica ATH-ES55 Foldable On-Ear Headphones
    Or
    WeSC Banjo Retro Street Style Headphones

I like them both and know that the AT's have supposedly better sound quality, but are they worth the extra 50£? Can anyone compare them? Also, if anyone knows any other kind of headphones like these that are not too big, that are discrete and do not break easily please do let me know! =)

Thank you all!!!

2. Ian Hifi

Ian Hifi Super Moderator

Hi,
    In a nutshell the ATs are a cut above in relation to sound quality. They are a little sharper, they have more depth to the over all sound, and just feel that little bit more substantial. However, the WeSC are not massively behind on sound quality, they are a much more practical build, and they sit more comfortably on the ear. Sound wise the AT’s do just nudge ahead, but if you intend to have them in your bag to use on the bus and take them everywhere you go, the WeSCs would probably need to be run over and stamped on before they broke.
    Personally I do prefer the AT’s. The music sounds bigger and they look a bit more classic.