Christmas Headphones

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by DanClews, Dec 6, 2010.

1. DanClews

DanClews New Member

I bow down to your Headphone Knowledge.

My current headphones are a pair of over the ear Sennheiser HD201's, I guess my only complaint with them is that I would like to hear more of the high frequencies, like hi-hats and cymbals.

I am looking for a new pair of headphones, I would prefer a pair of IEM as I could do with the sound isolating for working in an open plan office, and on the train commuting to work.

I had a pair of UE Super Fi 5 Pro's, but I managed to slam the car door on one of the ear buds, which was a sickening event. I liked the clarity I got from those headphones, and I was wondering if they are the best headphones for me?

My musical taste is Metal, Rock and Electronica, my music is played from an iPod at standard sampling rate.

I hope I was sufficiantly vauge,
    Thanks

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi Dan

Clear enough - The Super fi 5 pro are going next year so if you want them grab them while you can! A better idea might be to save a little extra and go for the big guns -

Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 PRO Earphones Metallic Blue
    £209.95

If you liked the 5 pro then these will blow you away. They are much more even and powerful sounding. You would rather shove your head in than let the car door get these!