Circa £200 to blow - Help me choose please?

Discussion in 'Full Size Headphones' started by jazzjunkz, Apr 5, 2011.

1. jazzjunkz

jazzjunkz New Member

Hey everyone,

As the title suggests, I've got a maximum of £200 to spend on some kick ass headphones, basically.

The headphones I am currently used to are the Koss PortaPro's. Nothing against these 'phones, as I found the sound quality to be very impressive to say the least but I really am looking for something that can isolate sound a lot more and perhaps offer me better quality (considering the price range I'm now aiming at). So I'm mainly looking at closed-back headphones to sort that out.

I'll be using them on the move primarily, so they're gonna have to be driven by an iPod or something equivalent (no amp as of yet).

The type of music I listen to varies - so I'm assuming an all-rounder type of headphone would be ideal (if there is such one!). I however mainly listen to genre's like dubstep, drum and bass, trance/dance, rock, indie and occasional metal.

So as specifications go they need to have in this order:

1st - Main priority

Good sound quality.
    Sound isolation.
    Be easily driven.

2nd - Secondary priority

Comfortable
    Stylish
    Portable

I have had a look around and looked at various reviews but I just can't put my finger on what to go for. I tend to look at some headphones and review a specific review on how awesome they are, then read another which gives me a deal breaker. I'm just too goddamn picky...But I aim to strive for perfection on a budget. :)

If anybody can help at all, that would be fantastic. I know it's my first post - but I tend to do the research myself, but I'm just completely stumped this time round.

Thanks all,
    Jared.

2. patwoltenholme

patwoltenholme New Member

Sennheiser HD595!!! Way cheaper too on Amazon.

3. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hey Guys -

HD595 - Get em while you can, it has been discontinued for a couple of months now. HD595 does not really fit the stylish or portability being opened back.

I will pretty much guarantee you that you will love these though!

Shure SRH840 Professional Closed-Back Headphones (SRH 840)
    £149.95