ClarityOne earphones

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by henders, Mar 17, 2012.

1. henders

henders New Member

OK, I've been looking to upgrade my in-ear headphones and have been doing some research on the ClarityOne earphones. They fit my budget (around £100) and it appears they sound rather good.

Does anyone have a pair of these earphones and can share some impressions?

2. bunnyjung

bunnyjung New Member

ClarityOne earphones review

You might want to check out the review at:

ClarityOne In-Ear Sound Isolating Earphones with Microphone

Truly Amazing Sound:

I was searching for the right set of in-ear headphones for almost 9 months. My headphones at the time were the Sennheiser CX500. My search took me to the Klipsch S4i (clear treble and mids, but missing the low end bass), Beyerdynamic MMX 101 (no great improvement over my Sennheiser’s) and the Klipsch X10i (suppose to have more low end compared to the S4i, but not enough for me to warrant £149 to £180).

I was almost to the point of giving up as I thought I will never find a set of headphones that meet my expectation or that my expectation was unrealistic. This was until my last conversation with Robin on my negative feedback on the Klipsch X10i where he told me about a new set of headphones by a company called ClarityOne.

I was a bit cautious based on technical jargon, but after reading the website and taking Robin’s word on the sound I gave these ago. Boy was I amazed at the sound quality. “Clarity” being in the name of ClarityOne is no joke. The treble and mid range is ever so clear and at no point does the sound distort in my opinion as oppose to the S4i or the X10i.

The bass is firm and quite tight, but better sounding than the X10i’s. After 3 weeks of usage the bass had broken in and was a little more deeper. For approx £114 I can’t complain at the sound quality and I would find it hard to find something that sounds better then the ClarityOne’s at their price point. It would have been nice to have volume control on the line cord, but the build quality of the cable and the casing of the buds are exceptional and look like they will last a long time.

Overall a big step up to my Sennheiser’s and there is no way I will be giving these back!!!

3. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

The ClarityOnes are really nice with a big smooth bottom end and crisp tight highs, a classic smile curve EQ headphone (great for contemporary music or anyone who likes a smooth clean but warm sound). If you prefer a more flat and balanced sound with a little less bass and more focus on the detail (Classical music or older Jazz or if you just prefer a very balanced sound with detail the most important feature) then these may be a contender too.

Audeo PFE 012 Perfect Bass Earphones in Black (PFE-012)
    £89.99

Both are really nice but a little different:)