Closed Back Headphones

Discussion in 'Full Size Headphones' started by Zunemi, May 27, 2012.

1. Zunemi

Zunemi Casual Listener

I've been doing some research myself, but it's always nice to get multiple opinions.

I'm looking for a pair of rugged full-size, closed back headphones, under £150, for a birthday treat. It'll probably reside around my neck most of its life, get listened to in quiet and noisy places and will have a ton of different music pumped through it.

I guess I'm looking for something that's an all-rounder, rather than something with a specific focus on the bass, mid-range or treble.

I don't care about looks at all, just as long as I can let myself get carried with the music, it's good.

thanks in advance!

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Obsessive Auditor

3. Zunemi

Zunemi Casual Listener

What's the GMP 8.300 with a headphone amp like compared to the 8.35?

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

They have a slightly flatter dynamic feel. I recommend going for the GMP 8.35 D if you want this as an everyday headphone. Although the GMP 8.3 is similar it is not really intended for the use you want, it is really intended for when there is a very powerful output - trying to save a bit of money by getting the 8.3 and a small amp will not work out as well. The GMP 8.35 D is really impressive and as tough as they come, I think you would really enjoy this headphone.